24 Nov5 Things About Jon Arbuckle
We all love and adore Garfield. We sort of tolerate Jon. But we all need to give him a little more credit than that! This kind, patient man has taken care of our favorite fat cat all this time and has been lovely despite all Garfield’s shenanigans. So let’s get to know Jon better, yes?
- Jon is six feet tall and weighs one hundred seventy-five pounds.
- The most common meal that Jon is seen eating is mashed potatoes, peas, and meatloaf. Garfield tends to steal it from him. The reasons vary from Garfield preferring Jon’s dinner over his own dinner (cat food in a green bowl), or Garfield still being hungry after eating his own dinner.
- Jim Davis says that Jon cannot understand Garfield’s thoughts but rather his actions. This is because he wanted a realistic cat and not one that talks.
- There is an ongoing comic strip that began in 2008 entitled “Garfield Minus Garfield”, in which Jon is the main character featured and most of the other characters have been removed. In the strip Garfield is depicted as Jon’s imaginary friend who only he can see. A running gag has Jon appearing to be talking to himself or having sudden mood swings making him appear insane, or sometimes depressed and seemingly suicidal. Jim Davis is a fan of the strip and sometimes contributes to the site.
- Jon’s favorite coffee is decaffeinated. (I know, right??)