18 MayGarfield’s Best Quotes
There’s no denying it — the grumpy, cantankerous, Monday-loathing cat has been tickling our funny bone since 1978. Garfield has enthralled the world with his sarcastic witticisms! Here’s some of Garfield’s most memorable quotes!
- “Diet is ‘Die’ with a T.”
- “I’m not overweight, I’m under-tall.”
- “This is it. I’ve reached the pinnacle of laziness and gluttony . . . How depressing. There’s no place to go after you’ve reached top.”
- “When the lasagna content in my blood gets low, I get mean.”
- “I’m not messy. I’m organizationally challenged!”
- “If you want to appear smarter, hang around someone stupider.”
- “Oh no! I overslept! I’m late… for my nap.”
- “The most active thing about me is my imagination.”
- “I’ll rise, but I won’t shine.”
- “I shall now attempt to eat a diet lunch consisting of one leaf of lettuce lightly seasoned with… one quart of mayonnaise.”
- “I never met a lasagna I didn’t like.”
- “Anybody can exercise… but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline.
- “You know it’s Monday when you wake up and it’s Tuesday.”
- “Good times are ahead! Or behind. Because they sure aren’t here.”
- “Eat every meal as though it were your last.”
And of course, who can forget Garfield’s most iconic line, “I hate Mondays”? It perfectly sums up how we feel about the first day of the week.